Monday, September 14, 2009

Intimidation

I just realized what I do when I am intimidated by something. I start feeling like I am not interested anymore...and look for something totally different to start channeling my energies into. You know when what you have to do is still unclear and vague, its not as scary. And then you start heading towards your actual goal and you start to see how hard you actually have to work to get there and it starts to kinda get to you. Now I know some people who love a good challenge, but me, Im not sure that I do.

I went to go talk to my couselor at college today and I just realized HOW MUCH science I have to take to be in the dietetics major. I know, er, knew that it was going to be all about science, but then to realize the course load and to get a taste of the amount of mental capacity I need freaked me out. I dont consider myself dumb, but I dont consider myself studious or academically inclined either. Im intimidated... and also scared because I dont want to see myself fail. Actually, I have never put myself in a situation where I have failed because I don't think that I could stand the fact that I cannot accomplish what I set out to do. When I see others fail, or not get to their goal, I think its totally fine because "at least they tried their best". But would I be able to tell myself that? No.

It takes guts to fail because if you didn't try in the first place, then of course you would be in the safety zone of averageness. I dont want to stay stuck in average!!!

1 comment:

Roann said...

you know whats best for you, so do your best! it's like that old saying..."it's not how many times you fall, but how many times you get up!"
confronting and realizing what you do SHOWS your aware of what you're doing..so just ask yourself, "what are you going to do about it?"

daijobu :]...and ganbate!