Monday, February 10, 2014

Oh Crazy Monday

Mondays are a busy day for me. I go to my internship all day, and have a class at night from 6-9. In the hour I have between the internship and classes, I have to pick my daughter up from the babysitter's, go home and feed us some dinner (usually something I prepped the night before, like a chicken salad or some soup), and drop her off with my sister in law who coaches volleyball afterschool. I feel like its a long day for me but at least I know what I'm getting myself into. My daughter, Skye, on the other hand, is probably like "What the heck mom, you leave me at the sitter's all day and now you're dropping me off somewhere again?!?" She loves her aunt and her cousins, so I'm so grateful that she can be with them while I'm at school.

It's hard to spend time away from your children! I had separation anxiety when I went back to work after 6 months of having Skye, and that was just part time work. Then I went back to school full time while working part time, and had another bout of separation anxiety then. It's an adjustment for both Skye and I whenever we have schedule changes. With every change, I felt that she would be so sad to not have me around--but lo and behold she adjusts! Probably better than I do. I still miss her when I'm not with her. Time is valuable- which is why I work really hard to do well in school and to do my best at work.  If I'm not spending time with her, then I want to make the time I spend away from her worthwhile!



No comments: